DoD STARBASE 2.0 combines STEM activities with a relationship-rich, school-based after-school environment to provide the missing link for at-risk youth making the transition from elementary to middle and on to high school. It extends the positive impact of STARBASE through an after-school STEM mentoring approach which solidifies students’ attachment to and engagement with school.
By 2020 STARBASE 2.0:
- Will serve 5-10 youth per year.
- Will engage 3-4 STEM mentors per year.
- Will have 1 participating schools.
- Will validate results through a longitudinal study.
- Will provide STEM mentoring for grades six through eight.