STARBASE 2.0 combines STEM activities with a relationship-rich, school-based after-school environment to provide the missing link for at-risk youth making the transition from elementary to middle and on to high school. It extends the positive impact of STARBASE through an after-school STEM mentoring approach which solidifies students’ attachment to and engagement with school.
By 2020, STARBASE 2.0 will:
• be embedded in 100% of existing STARBASE programs.
• serve 5,000 youth per year.
• engage 1,667 STEM mentors per year.
• have 120 participating schools.
• validate results through a longitudinal study.
• provide STEM mentoring for grades six through eight.
STARBASE Idaho hopes to add a STARBASE 2.0 program soon. Please check back for updates.
Visit our other program: