A Note From Your Suicide Prevention Coordinator:
Hello, SIO & ASIST trained soldiers!
Thank you for accepting the responsibility of being trained in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST). If you have been appointed as your unit’s Suicide Intervention Officer (SIO), your unit should have drafted a memo stating your appointment as an SIO. If this memo has not been submitted, please send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we are required to keep them on file. A sample appointment memo can be found here.
Below is a list of attachments that can help further your interest in building resiliency and help you get ideas for short briefs during drill.
Thank you again for your involvement with suicide prevention in the Idaho National Guard! Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or comments.
Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Idaho National Guard
What to do in the event of a Crisis:
Learn More About Our Program
More Useful Videos and Educational Resources:
- Video on Empathy: EMPATHY – BEST SPEECH OF ALL TIME By Simon Sinek |
- Video on Vulnerability, Shame & “Man in the Arena”: Brené Brown: Why Your Critics Aren’t The Ones Who Count – YouTube
- CBT/Stigma/Reaching Out For Help, To Get Unstuck: Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD – YouTube
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s): Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): Impact on brain, body and behavior – YouTube
- Hunting the Good Stuff, How The Brain Can Change “Hunting the Good Stuff”: Neuroplasticity – YouTube
- Holocaust Survivor Shares On Your Only Concentration Camp Is In Your Head: Finding Freedom in… Auschwitz -Cause/Belief: Dr. Edith Eger at TEDxSanDiego 2012 – YouTube